An Entirely Cool Labor Day Blog

 In Daily Life, Entertainment, Lifestyle, My Life

*Disclaimer: “Entirely Cool” is based on my opinion only. Author assumes no responsibility for whether or not you give a crap.

Friday evening started off my 4-day Labor Day weekend (I took an extra day off, today, to get my furniture and some other stuff done). We went to Huddle House and then over to Marq & Melissa’s for game night, which was lots of fun as usual.

I had presumed incorrectly that my mom and sister were going to arrive late Saturday evening, and that I’d have all day to clean. Instead what happened was that my mom and sister showed up around 2pm, about an hour after I woke up and was just getting out of the shower.

So, the great family that they are, they started cleaning my house for me. Mom went into busy mode and started cleaning my kitchen, and my sister cleaned the room she is staying in. Later, we went and ate food at Backyard Burgers, then got some supplies at the dollar store and Food Lion.

Sunday morning, we all went to church, which was nice. I let some people know I’d moved away to a nearby city, since apparently I’d forgotten to tell them. After church, we went to a pub for lunch. Then we went to Lowe’s and picked up some paint and supplies, and came home to relax. Mom started taping off the “accent wall” she was going to paint a different color than the other walls.

Monday morning, we went to Lowes again, picked up a step ladder, more supplies, I got a Troy-Bilt 190cc Self-Propelled Lawnmower. We came home, and got to work painting. My sister had my new Char-Broil propane grill almost completely put together. I threw our steaks into some secret-recipe marinade (hint: it includes Black Cherry Cruzan rum!) and let them start marinating. Mom had bought some neat cat toys for Chairman Meow, including a cat nip mouse she’s crazy about, a kitty play center thing, a scratchy strip thing, and a kitty scratching post.

Most of Monday was spent painting, it took a lot longer than we thought. Thankfully, there were no significant paint fumes. After painting, we were able to have some company. My friend Aron and his new wife Amy came over and I grilled the steaks out on my new grill. They turned out delicious! After dinner we played Chicken Foot for about 13 rounds and then said goodnight.

This morning, I woke up and ate a quick breakfast, then my sister and I moved both the heavy sleeper love seat and heavy sleeper couch out to the road side. Then, I moved on to mowing the lawn with my new mower while Mom and Sis went to town. While they were gone, and I was about halfway done, the furniture delivery guys showed up with my new love seat and couch, both of which are completely comfy and completely reclinable! I didn’t buy the wedge that makes it a sectional, because I sat in it, and it’s not all that comfortable.

I finished mowing the lawn, took a shower, and relaxed in my new furniture. We watched some TV and then Mom took us to Anthony’s for some pizza, then we stopped at the hardware store on the corner for some Mayfield hand-dipped ice cream.

Now we’re back at the house again, and I keep looking around at my living room and thinking about how cool my house was, and how much cooler it’s getting, and how much potential it still has for awesomeness. I’m pretty thankful. Pictures to come later.

Hi, I'm Zöe. Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Recommended Posts
Showing 0 comments
  • Nathan

    Fun times, sorry I was sick and couldn’t come enjoy the new digs!

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text.