A Great, But Hard Weekend

 In Daily Life, Family, My Life, sleep, Weekend

Last weekend I went back home to my folks’ house 5 hours from here. The primary purpose of the trip was to pick up my girl from her trip to visit her best friend, but also to visit my family for a short time over the weekend.

I arrived late Friday night, talked to my mom shortly and then passed out while fixing her desktop computer. It was  busy updating to Service Pack 3 for Windows XP, and it failed out because she has a 10 gig hard drive that filled up.

Saturday, I woke up late in the morning, went to Bojangles with my mom, then went to see my dad at the nursing home, and then went back to the house to wait on my girl to call. She and I and her friend Rachel went to IHOP (I wanted to write iHop there, I really think Apple has done something to my brain). After lunch/dinner, we went to the mall where I followed them around while they shopped.

Wound out the day by hanging out at her friend Rachel’s house, watching TV until late into the morning hours. I was supposed to return to my mom’s house after SNL (Saturday Night Live) was over, but me and my lovely girl got into a pretty crucial conversation that required attention, and I didn’t get home  until around 3:30 a.m. My mom was not pleased, and I apologized profusely for making her miss me all night. I got into bed around 4 a.m.

Sunday I was up again at 6:00 a.m. with a stomach ache and runny nose, and it was time to get ready for church anyway. I got ready, we left for church at 7 a.m., and I was completely sans-energy. I chugged an energy vitamin drink at breakfast as well as a diet Wild Cherry Pepsi (a side note: these are delicious! We don’t get them in my area, only the non-diet version, so I have to get them when I go home to visit). At church after the morning services, I stopped by the church’s coffee shop (yes, we have our own mini-Starbucks, serving actual Starbucks espresso) and got a mocha latte.

I was pretty awake finally by lunchtime. My mom took my grandma, sister, and me and my girlfriend-equivalent to Applebee’s and we all hung out. Then we left and went by the nursing home to see Dad on the way out of town. About six hours later we arrived at my house again, my body aching from no sleep. I almost completely passed out, but still stayed up till about 11pm watching TV. Kylara seemed to enjoy her presents that I got her while she was gone. I have my girl back for a while 🙂

Hi, I'm Zöe. Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Recommended Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text.