8 Random Facts about the Raging Tech
Roxiticus Desperate Housewives pinged my blog with this 8 facts blog post of hers, and so now as a good neighbor, I’m going to try and do this myself. Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
- At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment on their blog and tell them they’ve been tagged, and to come back and read your blog for the whole story.
So here goes my 8 Random Facts:
- I ended up with 7 wisdom teeth; They were all removed at the same time, and yes, it hurt.
- When I was in Cub Scouts, I needed one more merit badge – the swimming badge – to earn my Arrow of Light award. I was afraid to swim on my back, so I never got it in time. My mom told me to go ahead and at least give it a try, or I would beat myself up for it later. To this day, I don’t regret having never earned that award, and I swim just fine forwards and backwards.
- Through the art of social engineering, I was able to secure six large one-topping pizzas from Dominos for one of my D & D groups for no charge, all I had to do was go there and pick them up.
- When I was in High School, I was suspended for two days under the policy in the Student Handbook about “Disruption of School” because they didn’t yet have an “Integrity” section that included rules on ethical use of electronic systems, including but not limited to computers and the network. The next school year they included it.
- I learned to drive a stick shift before I ever drove an automatic. My first car ended up being a stick shift ’96 Dodge Neon – cherry red. I currently drive a sport-shift luxury vehicle that does both.
- I was once a model. I went and auditioned and signed a contract with Take One modeling company. I didn’t have any money, so they didn’t charge me anything for modeling lessons. I learned to pose, walk, and how male models wear and apply make-up. And what’s more – I was good. I would have kept going too, except they never had any opportunities for me near my hometown and I wasn’t allowed to travel unless the pay was exceptional.
- I once dated a girl who broke up with me over Instant Messenger and then two days later she ran away to Florida with some guy from England that she met over the internet. Internet, you are a cruel mistress!
- In my life I have learned how to play and have since forgotten how to play several instruments: the piano, the violin, the drums, and the acoustic guitar. I currently still own a guitar and recently purchased a harmonica, and would love to have the discipline to sit down and get the hang of both.
I’m supposed to tag ten people, but I don’t know ten bloggers well enough to do that, so here goes 5 of them: Lunchtime Discussions, The Point Blank Critic, The Fate of Tyrlon, Creatively Insane, The BenSpark
Showing 0 comments
Thanks for tagging me, well actually no thanks because I am not a good tagger, however I will mention you in a post. Thanks.
Nice job, RT…interesting stories, too. The Instant Messenger breakup is classic urban lore….but at least you got a “personal” IM instead of reading about it on her MySpace page!
And if you decide to get back into modeling, do stop by my Makin’ the Bacon Online blog…there’s a contest going on for the Beautiful People.
I’m most curious about the 7 wisdom teeth. I still have 3 of 4, and boy was I mad about a year ago when my dentist told me he had to pull the 4th one…it felt like I was losing some of my wisdom, and I need it for both my day job and my blogging. Anyway, lately I’ve started to feel like a new wisdom tooth is growing in the space left by the pulled tooth. Did you have all 7 at the same time, or did you have 4 pulled and 3 more grew in later?
Have a great night….