What Tech Are You Packing?
Every tried-and-true geek has their own particular “rig” or powerhouse machine of which they’re proud. While I recently sold my Mac Mini for some spare cash and am currently “rigless,” I’ve had some pretty sweet setups in the past. Since I don’t have my own, I’ll go ahead and give the low-down on the specs of the machine I’m writing this from, and some of my other technology.
- Gateway M465 laptop – 2 Ghz Intel Centrino 2 Duo, 1gb of RAM, 80 gb hard drive, dvd burner, bluetooth, wireless-G connectivity.
- 19″ Widescreen DVI/VGA I-Inc monitor (it was on sale at Tiger Direct)
- SiliconGraphics USB keyboard
- Microsoft Wireless laptop mouse (I like the smaller mouse)
- Phillips 2.1 sound system
- 5th Gen iPod Video 30gb
- Generic external 120gb hard drive
- Canon Pixma 1800 Photo Printer
- LG VX9900 (Verizon enV) phone (bluetooth for transferring pictures)
The most important thing for me about my setup is the small footprint, because I try to keep everything within the confines of my small computer desk at home, and the laptop belongs to my employer so it has to be easily removable and portable.
If you want to show off your rig, post your specs in the comments so other readers can “Oooh” and “Aaah” over your awesome system.